Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Releases of 2013?

+7
Nightmare
SLOWBOY
Fext
SeanceRage
lisanap1988
amatoxin
finesser
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Best Releases of 2013? Empty Best Releases of 2013?

Post by finesser Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:46 pm

Just wondering what everyone's favorite rap projects were this year. I'm fake for not having my list ready yet but I will edit it in when I think it's final.

finesser
N00B

Antal inlägg : 32
Registreringsdatum : 2013-10-10

Back to top Go down

Best Releases of 2013? Empty Re: Best Releases of 2013?

Post by amatoxin Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:57 pm

off the top, i think cage, gore, and jak, necro should be all be on the list..

not hating, but i really wasnt feeling godfathers.. and my expectations werent high going into that album either..

i really wish we had the option to post a "POLL" on this forum..
amatoxin
amatoxin
New Management
New Management

Antal inlägg : 319
Registreringsdatum : 2013-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by lisanap1988 Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:26 pm

Fuck are you talking about, it's literally right in the post form lol.
Best Releases of 2013? Qiqe45I
lisanap1988
lisanap1988
SendMoarParamedics

Antal inlägg : 270
Registreringsdatum : 2013-08-01

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Fext Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:22 am

RA The Rugged Man, Hopsin (even tho it was a little bit too emo for me I liked it), Jak, Gore, Cage and even tho some of the worst tracks where on the same album I think Eminem released some of the best songs this year too. Groundhogs Day shits on all other 2013 songs TBH.
Fext
Fext
Stark Raving Genius

Antal inlägg : 862
Registreringsdatum : 2013-06-18

https://hiphophurray.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lisanap1988 Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:07 pm

I really wasn't feeling the Hopsin. I think I hyped myself too much for it, an then the songs that he released early turned out to be the only good ones on the album (IMO), so the rest of it didn't even get put in my playlist except those 2-3 songs. The song Hop Madness wasn't even on the album.
lisanap1988
lisanap1988
SendMoarParamedics

Back to top Go down

Post by amatoxin Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:53 pm

lisanap1988 wrote:Fuck are you talking about, it's literally right in the post form lol.
Best Releases of 2013? Qiqe45I

haha. im oblivious.
amatoxin
amatoxin
New Management
New Management

Back to top Go down

Post by amatoxin Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:04 pm

SeanceRage wrote:i pray to god that you are joking when you say Necro should be on this list. I pray to god you are joking.

Not being a douche but thats all i see a lot of this forum discuss. I mean fucking shit, have you not heard Ransom and Statik Selektah? Roc Marciano? There was so much dope shit that dropped this year and out of all the dope shit that dropped this year I hear Necro. Im fucking dumbfounded here. Not being an asshole but WHAT IN THE FUCK...LMAO

youre not a necro fan. we all figured that out last week. it doesnt mean he cant produce, and it doesnt mean he doesnt have bars. your opinion is yours, just dont shove the shit down our throat. im sure necro/kool g rap albums will be on more than several "best of 2013" lists, it doesnt make me retarded for pointing it out. truthfully, i dont think the album is that great, which ive already stated.. but im sure there are plenty of people that dug it. i probably hate at least one rapper that you listen to.. it is what it is.

im confused though, what is "all you see a lot of this forum discuss"...? you mean underground hip hop albums that were just released within the past couple of months...? go figure... what do you think this thread was meant for? answer: for you to give your opinions on what albums should be considered for "best of 2013", and you have now, good job.

dont mind me. im on my period.

i still havent listened to yeezus... its funny, a stupid amount of people have told me this album is good shit "even if you hate kanye". i think the guy is a cornball, but cant knock his producing.. the guy can rap too. hmm.. i should probably, finally, check that album...
amatoxin
amatoxin
New Management
New Management

Back to top Go down

Post by SLOWBOY Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:54 pm

Boldy james - My first chemistry set
SLOWBOY
SLOWBOY
N00B

Antal inlägg : 14
Registreringsdatum : 2013-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Fext Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:34 am

Kanye is a faggot. Nuff said.
Fext
Fext
Stark Raving Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:02 am

deleted

Last edited by Nightmare on Mon May 05, 2014 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nightmare
Nightmare
The Crystal Prince

Antal inlägg : 469
Registreringsdatum : 2013-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Fext Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:10 am

Yupp!
Fext
Fext
Stark Raving Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by lisanap1988 Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:49 pm

Necro > Kanye.
I could record myself shitting, vacuuming it up with a wet-vac, and spraying it all over the walls, and make a better record than Kanye.
lisanap1988
lisanap1988
SendMoarParamedics

Back to top Go down

Post by PAhiphopFAN Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:37 pm

SeanceRage wrote:Heres my list(in order of importance for hip hop in general)

6.Busta Rhymes/Qtip-Abstract the Dragon

Seriously? That was the BIGGEST letdown!
One new song, a snippet, a few remixes, and the rest was re-releases.
PAhiphopFAN
PAhiphopFAN
Blasphemer

Antal inlägg : 273
Registreringsdatum : 2013-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Fext Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:43 pm

lisanap1988 wrote:Necro > Kanye.
I could record myself shitting, vacuuming it up with a wet-vac, and spraying it all over the walls, and make a better record than Kanye.

But your shit is dope tho so that's not fair. If you did that, that would be an instant classic
Fext
Fext
Stark Raving Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by Fext Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:09 am

Kanye is wack because he is a fuckin' pop artist that makes dance songs and uses autotune and rhymes on the same level as lil wayne. Just because you provoke doesn't mean your good. kanye provoke the same way a fuckin teenager does. And then we have the production that everybody say is top notch when they loose the battle on kanye's lyrical ability. Kanye's poppy productions is weak as fuck. Those synths are awful. I can name 50 producers who have better synthgame than kanye. He's just a bitch. necro is one of the sickest producers still, his rhyming is good, even tho some of the content feels weak from time to time. But Necro keeps it real also. He's still the same sick fuck he always was, even tho I don't get the same feeling I had for I Need Drugs for example. And for that I respect him. Necro > Kanye.
Fext
Fext
Stark Raving Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:16 pm

deleted

Last edited by Nightmare on Mon May 05, 2014 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nightmare
Nightmare
The Crystal Prince

Antal inlägg : 469
Registreringsdatum : 2013-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Hypnoblivion Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:38 pm

1. Sadistik - Flowers For My Father
2. L'Orange & Stik Figa - City Under The City
3. Killah Priest - The Psychic World Of Walter Reed
4. Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels
5. Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP 2
6. The Uncluded - Hokey Fright
7. Deltron 3030 -Event 2
8. Gore Elohim - Electric Lucifer
9. Earl Sweatshirt - Doris
10. Drake - Nothing Was The Same

This topic's subject is the AOTY, why turn it into a Kanye vs Necro thing ? mater fact the last one shoudn't even be mentioned here. Ofcourse Kanye's lyrical abillities can be cringeworthy at times but atleast he has a proper ear for how music is supposed to sound like and atleast tries to innovate and bring something new to the game. ( partially fails in that matter but still ) While Necro's product became predictable, repetitive, boring and clownish.
Hypnoblivion
Hypnoblivion
N00B

Antal inlägg : 24
Registreringsdatum : 2013-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by amatoxin Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:40 pm

SeanceRage wrote:Kanye is wack? What the fuck has Necro done for hip hop the past 10 years? It seems lilke most of you who say this either 1.)Say this to look cool and believe you are amongst the "underground" hip hop elite. or 2.) have no fucking idea wtf youre talking about. Its most likely both of these though. Smile
Explain exactly HOW Kanye is wack. I guarantee you cant do it, because saying Kanye is wack just makes you think you sound cool.

so youre saying someone is an "elitist" because they think kanye is shit... as you sit there on your king of hip hop throne, and talk mad shit about how necro is shit... youre actually the only "elitist" i see posting in this thread. its hilarious.

SeanceRage wrote:
One new song, a snippet, a few remixes, and the rest was re-releases.
I agree it was a complete letdown, but it was still infinitely times better than wack ass Necro for 2013 releases.

at this point, im pretty sure seance is trolling.. or is one of the clowns that got kicked off of necro's forum at some point, and still holds a grudge.. necro is not my friend.. i dont give a fuck about him one way or the other.. but you seance, act like he fucked your wife or something. you dont like necro's music? cool.. but, we really dont care.

Hypnoblivion wrote:
This topic's subject is the AOTY, why turn it into a Kanye vs Necro thing ? mater fact the last one shoudn't even be mentioned here. Ofcourse Kanye's lyrical abillities can be cringeworthy at times but atleast he has a proper ear for how music is supposed to sound like and atleast tries to innovate and bring something new to the game. ( partially fails in that matter but still )   While Necro's product became predictable, repetitive, boring and clownish.

so... ummm... you told us all that we shouldnt turn this thread into a kanye vs necro discussion.. because its an album of the year thread... and then you turn your post into a kanye vs necro post... also hilarious.
amatoxin
amatoxin
New Management
New Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Fext Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:09 am

Hypnoblivion wrote:1. Sadistik - Flowers For My Father
2. L'Orange & Stik Figa - City Under The City
3. Killah Priest - The Psychic World Of Walter Reed
4. Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels
5. Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP 2
6. The Uncluded - Hokey Fright
7. Deltron 3030 -Event 2
8. Gore Elohim - Electric Lucifer
9. Earl Sweatshirt - Doris

Why no Jak? smh.

Hypnoblivion wrote:

smh.

Nice that you mentioned Doris tho. I had forgot all about that album. It's great, I listen to it from time to time. It should def be mentioned in this thread.

I'm still waiting for someone to praise "Amityvault" and "Psychoactive Death" tho.
Fext
Fext
Stark Raving Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by Hypnoblivion Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:21 pm

As much as i would like to list Jak Tripper i can't since he didn't exactly released a full length album this year. And i truly admire his work ethic, propably the most productive rapper alive next to Tech N9ne. yet i think he should be more redicent with the stuff he puts out cause his body of work is sort of mutilated by poorly mixed/unfinished projects ( MFC, Corsican Bros, Cubsensis ) for example. So i hope his upcoming album will be perfectly mastered from front to back as i don't mind waiting for something that has the potential to be inmensly great.

And people can shake their head all they want to Drake's albums. But that doesn't make me want to vibe any less to it. Sure i'm the first to admit he's obviousily flawed as an mc from a technical standpoint. But c'mon it's not always about "who spits the sickest shit" sometimes you just want to cuddle with the ladies and get all get all cosy, nice and tender with her.

Ps: i think it's absolutely nonsense i'm labeled as egocentrical here. truth is i'm actually a very giving person, i went down on my girl last night and knocked out some guy who grabbed her prior that evening. Sure i'll be doing something charitable tomorrow as well.
Hypnoblivion
Hypnoblivion
N00B

Antal inlägg : 24
Registreringsdatum : 2013-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next