Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

please give opinions of new rules.

+3
Fext
lisanap1988
amatoxin
7 posters

:: Chit-Chat

Go down

please give opinions of new rules. Empty please give opinions of new rules.

Post by amatoxin Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:23 pm

Please check new rules.

comment.
complain.
make suggestions if ive missed something.

i think 200 posts is quite fair, for invite to SLSK. if someone is helpful/dedicated enough to hit 200 for invite, they most likely are not the type to cause any problems for the others.
amatoxin
amatoxin
New Management
New Management

Antal inlägg : 319
Registreringsdatum : 2013-07-22

Back to top Go down

please give opinions of new rules. Empty Re: please give opinions of new rules.

Post by lisanap1988 Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:40 pm

Seems fine to me. Most sites hover around the 50 range, but we tried that, and people just wound up shitposting.
lisanap1988
lisanap1988
SendMoarParamedics

Antal inlägg : 270
Registreringsdatum : 2013-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Fext Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:18 am

I think the rules are fine. I hope people read the rules this time. I wonder how mayne times I've said "read the rules" to people sending me PMs about shit. "Hi, I'm a nobody that has nothing to offer you, please upload the entire Jak discography for me then I'll be out of your life. Peace out brah".

One thing tho: If you see people contributing and being nice, helping out in this forum, even if they have 100-150 posts, we may consider inviting them to SLSK.
Fext
Fext
Stark Raving Genius

Antal inlägg : 862
Registreringsdatum : 2013-06-18

https://hiphophurray.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by amatoxin Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Fext wrote:
One thing tho: If you see people contributing and being nice, helping out in this forum, even if they have 100-150 posts, we may consider inviting them to SLSK.

no doubt. i already see a couple people here that may get an invite early. i have no problem with that at all.

Fext wrote: "Hi, I'm a nobody that has nothing to offer you, please upload the entire Jak discography for me then I'll be out of your life. Peace out brah".

ahahahahahahahahahaha. so fucking true.
amatoxin
amatoxin
New Management
New Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Fext Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:25 am

Good man. Now put some inverted crosses under my title, kind of how you did with the skulls, or I'm taking the forum back. LOL
Fext
Fext
Stark Raving Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by PAhiphopFAN Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:09 pm

Sure, I can wait.
PAhiphopFAN
PAhiphopFAN
Blasphemer

Antal inlägg : 273
Registreringsdatum : 2013-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:07 pm

deleted

Last edited by Nightmare on Mon May 05, 2014 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nightmare
Nightmare
The Crystal Prince

Antal inlägg : 469
Registreringsdatum : 2013-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Fext Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:40 pm

Yes ofcourse!
Fext
Fext
Stark Raving Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by finesser Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:57 pm

So what does this mean for discog posts, wasn't the last rule set that making them added to your leverage to get links PM'd to you or not, even sooner than having 50 posts? Now they're not allowed?

So now we have to get to 200 posts through discussion only, when there's like a dozen active boarders max? Doesn't seem like the best way to encourage community growth to me.

finesser
N00B

Antal inlägg : 32
Registreringsdatum : 2013-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:26 pm

deleted

Last edited by Nightmare on Mon May 05, 2014 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nightmare
Nightmare
The Crystal Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Fext Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:29 pm

finesser wrote:So what does this mean for discog posts, wasn't the last rule set that making them added to your leverage to get links PM'd to you or not, even sooner than having 50 posts? Now they're not allowed?

So now we have to get to 200 posts through discussion only, when there's like a dozen active boarders max? Doesn't seem like the best way to encourage community growth to me.

Well if you don't like discussing with us then don't post. However, if you do, you will get to 200 posts in alittle while Smile
Fext
Fext
Stark Raving Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by amatoxin Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:00 pm

finesser wrote:So what does this mean for discog posts, wasn't the last rule set that making them added to your leverage to get links PM'd to you or not, even sooner than having 50 posts? Now they're not allowed?

the old rules are just that.. old. they werent working, so we are trying something new.. considering you only have 30 posts, i dont think you were put out too much. we do appreciate any contribution you have made to the site so far, but i cant imagine it was much, considering your post count.

finesser wrote:So now we have to get to 200 posts through discussion only, when there's like a dozen active boarders max? Doesn't seem like the best way to encourage community growth to me.

and yes, it takes 200 relevant, non-spam, posts to make it to our room, which isnt shit in the scheme of things. no one said it had to be discussion only, although the majority probably would be.. its a forum. as far as "a dozen active boarders", the forum is new.. all forums start with a handful of people.. we arent spamming this site, those who showed up found it on their own. no one is limiting you to only post in the current threads.. make new ones, if that interests you. if you look at the revised "rules" thread, you will see that you are more than welcome to post mixes, compilations, videos, etc, etc, and shit i didnt even think to list. if people actually started making threads, aside from the 'original' few members, there would be more to discuss here. truth is, most of the people that come here think that if they rush up to 50 posts, we will just send them anything they want for life. it just doesnt work like that. i personally would prefer our room/forum to have only a handful of good people in it, rather than a 200 user room full of asshole leeches. truthfully, i already see a couple of members that are going to have a pretty big surprise coming once they hit their 200 posts and think they are coming in...

basically, if any of you feel like posting 200 times is too much to ask for the privilege of never having to use a download link again, or bother us with requests and PM's we dont have time for, then this probably isnt the forum for you. i dont hook people up out of the kindness of my heart, i hook people up when i know they would do the same. if its a small circle, then so be it...

i actually think its a shame that people think this forum is a pay-per-post for any dickhead that stumbles in here looking for jak albums.. to be honest, anyone who thinks they deserve to be rewarded, at all, for chatting about hip hop in their spare time probably isnt going to make it real far here.
amatoxin
amatoxin
New Management
New Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightmare Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:06 pm

deleted

Last edited by Nightmare on Mon May 05, 2014 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nightmare
Nightmare
The Crystal Prince

Back to top Go down

Post by Fext Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:17 pm

Nightmare is my man. I love you.
Fext
Fext
Stark Raving Genius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mothman Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:30 pm

What is SLSK?
Mothman
Mothman
N00B

Antal inlägg : 38
Registreringsdatum : 2013-12-30
Ålder : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by lisanap1988 Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:54 pm

Soulseek is a P2P file-sharing program that is chatroom centric.
lisanap1988
lisanap1988
SendMoarParamedics

Antal inlägg : 270
Registreringsdatum : 2013-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by finesser Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:59 am

Nightmare wrote:@ finesser - in short, it basicly comes down to this: 'salviadivinorum' fucked it up for all of you by posting 36 shit posts in 1 day....so the rules had to be changed after that action.

Well that sucks. Not my rules to make so I will adjust, just being salty cuz I had just spent time on a discog like the day before lol. Don't worry I'll live. Been busy with the holidays but I'm back now, on my slow and steady approach.

finesser
N00B

Antal inlägg : 32
Registreringsdatum : 2013-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down